Planning your journey is as easy as choosing the way you prefer to do it!
Journey Planner which is found on the home page of the Baybus website uses the address of where you are and the address of where you want to go. Journey Planner uses Google maps to generate a travel plan using the bus service nearest to the addresses you provide.
Transit is now better than ever to help you travel on buses around the Bay of Plenty.
Transit is an application you can download on your smart phone that shows real-time tracking and information relating to the city’s bus network in Tauranga, Whakatāne and Rotorua. It means less time waiting at the bus stop and more time doing the things you want to.
Key features of Transit
- Know when your next bus is arriving with real-time predictions (where available).
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your bus is on the map in real-time.
- Browse real-time service advisories, and subscribe to push notifications for disruptions that may affect your commute (in select cities).
- Plan trips, view schedules and see route itineraries. Even offline.
- Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus arrives.
- Enable stop announcements and get notified when you're approaching your stop
- Use it around the country including Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton, Nelson, Timaru and Wellington.
Download Transit App from the App Store or Google Play, keep your mobile phone location turned on, open the app and it will show upcoming departure times for all nearby bus services. Transit is in real time and shows the bus on the route exactly where it is at the time.
Transit is a third party mobile application. The app is not managed or controlled by, or affiliated with, BOPRC, and we accept no responsibility or liability arising from your use of the Transit app. Your use of the Transit app will be subject to terms and conditions, including terms governing the collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information. You must make your own decision on the acceptability of these terms and conditions.
look for this button at the top of each timetable page
Live Tracking is another option found on the Baybus website. It too will show where the bus is on the route you choose at the time you look. You can scroll in and click on the bus for more information, like the next closest bus stop to where the bus is currently located.
Timetable Trial - Route 60
If you want to plan your journey from the timetable on the Baybus website you can pick how you want it to be displayed.
- Timetable by Bus Stop
- Timetable by Time
Have a look at the two options and pick what you prefer! Sometimes it’s nice to see the times relevant to the bus stop you are closest too, other times you want to plan your journey from where the bus starts and where the bus ends, up to you but the option is there – you choose.
Please have a look at the timetable design trial used for Route 60 here. Have a play around and get back to us with your feedback by email to email@example.com or by calling 0800 4 BAYBUS (0800 4 229 287)